Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday, August 29,2012

Another beautiful Minnesota day.  I was busy busy today and so I am a little late getting this out but I sure had fun making another card out of the Reason to Smile stamp set from Stampin Up that I have up for grabs this week.  All you have to do is leave a comment.  I will make a card using the stamps from this set all week.

I tried this technique of spraying shimmer sprays on white card stock using red yellow and orange with a little pearl thrown in the mix.  After the paper dried, I stamped the single out line flower from the Reason to Smile set, using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I then stamped a piece of card stock and colored the flower with Stampin Up markers, Summer Sun, Dusty Durango, and Early Espresso.  I also colored the flowers I stamped with Dusty Durango and Early Espresso.  I then mounted the single flower with pop up dots.  I then mounted the flower paper onto Stampin Up designer paper Old Olive from the Polka Dot Parade set.  I then mounted the entire thing onto white card stock.  I really like the way this turned out.  Making the one background was no more time consuming then sponging a variety of colors onto card stock.  It reminds me so much of the colors of autumn.  I did fussy cut the one flower though.   Hope you enjoy.


I then wanted to share a card I made for my great nephews wedding in October.  I found this leaf ribbon in a lavender color so I put that onto a white opaque ribbon.  I then made a flower from Stampin Up Mixed Blossoms by white embossing on white cardstock.  I really like the white on white.  I stamped the sentiment in lavender as well and then die cut it and adhered with adhesive to the dotted background paper and then that onto the card base.  Just a little variation of the white on white that I really love.   Enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment

1 comment:

  1. Two beautiful cards Pam - I have left many comments on your cards - but none of your cards show that I have commented or any comments. I hope you get this one:-)

    ReplyDelete