Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday, August 20, 2012

My goodness the summer is going fast.  Last week at the Wisconsin Dells with most of our family ( really missed having son Brian with us) was great.  I love my grandsons so much and having them around everyday was nice but now it is time to get back to the everyday life.  The two oldest must start getting ready for school and the littlest one must start to get ready to return to daycare full time.  They grow so fast, it is nice to get pictures of them every year so I can watch how they grow.  While we are at the Dells each year we celebrate middle grandson, Blake's, birthday.  He turned 12 this year and we did the usual, taco's, presents and ice cream cake.  He is a wonderful kid as they all are.  Here is the birthday card I made for Blake.



I belong to a card club at DOstamping and she sends out the materials and patterns each month for like $24.  One of the cards had a race car from a newer Stampin Up set that I do not have.  I do have an old set called Toy Box that no longer is for sale.  I do however like the set because it has so many options for children cards.  I used the race car from the Toy Box set and made the middle portion of the card.  I then used the new Stampin Up set called Itty Bitty Banners and stamped the happy birthday on a scrap piece of white paper and used the matching dies to cut the banner out.  I then assembled the card the way that Dawn had created it.  She used the zigzag embossing folder for the black, then all three pieces were adhered to a black card base.  I used a sentiment on the inside that said "can't think of a nicer person to celebrate."  Hope you enjoy and have a great rest of Monday.



Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment