Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Contest winners

Congratulations to both Nicki and Barb.  They have claimed their prizes.  Thanks to all of you that are now following my blog.  Make sure that you check it often because I will be having other contests.  I am downsizing and have so much stuff in my stash that I could give a prize a week away for probably 5 years and still have stuff that I am not going to use.   That is what happens when you get carried away.  I actually was a Creative Memories consultant and then I had an accident at work and lost my leg and lets just say recovery is lengthy and my business fell apart.  At any rate I have lots of things to use for prizes. 

Now I didn't do a post on Monday because I thought I published the one that ended up on Sunday late enough to be Mondays.  My grandson, Cohen, who is an active 18 month old was here with me this morning and he likes to be outside and he is like a ping pong ball; you have to watch him every second.  But I did make a card last night from a new set that I just received from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I got two sets and the one I used 246 Hat Ladies is so funny.  I like a little humor in my cards so when I got these I just had to use the set right away.


Two ladies out on the town and having Fun after Fifty.  I think I should change up the sentiment and stamp it in red.  The yellow doesn't show up well.  Anyway, I used dp from Gina K Designs and a scrap red ribbon.  I used an ivory card base and placed the dp on top of that making sure that the ribbon hide the seam where the two colors met.  I then stamped the focal image in black and colored in using Stampin Up markers.  I then punched the corners with ticket punch from Stampin Up.  The image and sentiment both came from that same fun set from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I love the card, I can use as a birthday card, thinking of you card, or just a note card.  So many ideas bouncing around in my head.  The stamp set has three other images and 4 additional sentiments so it is quite a large set for the price.  I can't wait until I have time to make another card but right now I am going to take a nap.  I am tired after such a busy morning.  Enjoy ladies. 

Pam 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card. LOVE the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card - love the image and sentiment:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete