Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Sunday, August 5, 2012

CPC14 Pretty Cards

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Saturday, I went to a family fest in Maple Grove with my daughter, Katy and my grandson, Cohen and then I went to their house and helped Katy with some last minute baby shower preparations for the shower she was giving for her friend Jenny.  We took my mother-in-law and her friend to a polka mass in Isanti, MN on Sunday.  My sister-in-law, Donna and her family live there.  The church had a festival too so we ate and played bingo.  Then my sister came to visit for a while and returned some stamps that I had given her.  It seems that we all are downsizing these days.  Unfortunately, I went through those she returned and returned a few to my shelf.  Only a few though.  I still have plenty to sell off.  They are still great stamps I just can't keep all of them if I want new.  I do like new. There are so many beautiful stamps out there.  Then my daughter, Jennifer stopped by and needed some sympathy cards.  Anyway, I didn't have a lot of time this weekend to work on cards.  Well I did manage to make a few.  The one that I am showing today is for a challenge on CraftProjectCentral. CPC14 Creating Pretty Cards provided a sketch

And here is my interpretation.  Since I am a flower person I decided to go into my stash of stamps and found a wonderful Stampin Up set called Punch Potpourri.  I used two of the new in-colors from Stampin Up called Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple.  I stamped the flowers in Raspberry Ripple and punched them out.  I then punched out three 1 3/4 inch circles in the Raspberry Ripple.  I used the Primrose Petals as a mat and some of the Primrose Petals ribbon.  I also stamped on Very Vanilla the sentiment from another Stampin Up set called You're a Gem.  I added some of the tiny pearls to finish it off.




I do have to say that this is a very Pretty card and I am very proud of it. Enjoy my interpretation of the card and have a great day.



Pam