Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday August 2, 2012

Happy Friday everyone.  I have found the ideal technique.  You can use it for just about anything.  I love it.  I seen it on a Stampin Up blog http://dostamping.typepad.com/ recently and it just looks great no matter what subject you use.  Today I made a birthday card and a Christmas card. 

I took a picture of both cards at once and then I took individual photos of each.  It looks like it would be difficult and takes tons of time but it doesn't. First of all you cut all your pieces: white or ivory 2X3 1/4, 3X 4 1/4, and 4X5 1/4. Then your card base color.  In the first card I used Stampin Up new color Midnight Muse then cut two additional pieces (in this case, blue) 2 1/4X3 1/2, and 3 1/4X4 1/2.   Set the base card and last two cuts aside.  With the white cuts place a small dab of tape on the back of the small piece and center it on the medium piece then place a dab of tape on the back of the medium piece and center it on the largest white piece.  Then stamp away.  Once it is stamped take the pieces apart and mount each on it's corresponding color piece.  


On the first one I wanted to make a masculine card because I never seem to have enough of those. Using Stampin Up The Open Sea stamp set I stamped the compass all over the white pieces.  I mounted the largest piece to the card base and then I mounted the small piece to the medium piece remembering to match the tied red and white baker's twine around the medium piece and tied a happy birthday sentiment from Stampin Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes and then adhered the medium piece to the large piece and waala I was done.  I think it is a really rich looking card.
    

This card was made with a set from Sparkle N Sprinkle set 418.  I stamped the ornament in green and then used a red sparkle pen for the poinsettia.  In the center of the ornament I sponged a pale yellow.  I mounted the ivory card stock with green.  On this card I didn't use a ribbon or sentiment but liked it just the way it is.  I will put a sentiment on the inside. 


Now if you haven't joined this site remember to do so today before 8pm CST as that is when I will be closing the contest and having my wonderful husband Dave draw for the two prizes. 

Have a wonderful weekend.



Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment