Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday, August 27, 2012

Well hello everyone.  I wasn't feeling especially well so I didn't post a couple days last week so I decided to show you two cards that I made.  I also promised you contest.  Well it isn't really a contest because all you need to do is leave me a comment about one of todays cards and on Monday, September 3, 2012, I will randomly draw a winner from the comments I receive and the winner will receive the following Stampin Up stamp set. 

This is a beautiful set of stamps and can be used for cards or for scrapbooking.  And because I would be remiss not to give you an example card, the following card was made with my set of  "Reason to Smile.

So I used Primrose Petals card stock for the card base.  I then used a scrap of Twitterpated designer paper leaving just a sliver of primrose petals on the bottom.  I used a piece of 1/4 inch stitched grosgrain ribbon in Wild Wasabi at the top of the designer paper.  I stamped one of the flowers from the Reason to Smile stamp set on a scrap of white and cut it out with one of the Apothecary Accents dies.  I sponged around the edges of the white with Blushing Bride ink.  I then slipped the flower piece under the Wild Wasabi.  I used a stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set for the sentiment.  I made this card in under 15 minutes without a prethought out idea. 

Making cards is not only a relaxing hobby but is so easy.  If you haven't tried stamping and making your own cards you must give it a try.  You will fall in love with it just as I did.

Now I have been making cards and I made a gift card holder.  I CASed a card from pinterest so of course because I was CASing I changed the colors and closure.  This card turned out awesome.  The only thing I would change would be something to secure the bow.  Take a look and see what you think.
I used white card stock for the base.  I then found a scrap of designer paper from Stampin Up's Bella Bleu.  I used the same designer paper for the bottom and top of the faux box.  I used designer paper and brown card stock cut with the medium and small oval punches and adhered to the back of the box top for the bow.  I used velcro for the closure but used a sparkle button and a pearl for my faux closurel.  I added a tag with the sentiment Mr & Mrs from Stampin Up's Tiny Tags and secured it to the card with linen thread.  Pull open the box lid and there is a place for gift card and I wrote congratulations on the card.  I was really happy how this turned out.  Like I said the bow was a little insecure and when I make another, and I will, I would put a piece of card stock over the lower portion of the box top to secure the bow.

Now remember you have a week to leave me comments and let me know what you think of my cards.  Pretty easy task to win a wonderful stamp set.
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam - I love both of your cards - especially the present card. Lovely colours.

    Pam - I'm sure I left comments on previous cards but you have no comments showing on your blog. Just thought I would mention it - do you have lots to approve for posting? I visit quite a few blogs, but I was sure I had commented on yours.

    Hugs and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card that looks like a gift, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the one that looks like a present! Love the colors and I am always drawn to cards that represent other objects. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very nice! I think I prefer the 2nd one--I love the muted colors and I'm always drawn to cards that represent other things. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete