Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sad Tuesday

Well I really haven't accomplished anything today except to take Brandon and Blake over to their cousin Cohen's to play.  The two older boys just love to hold and care for the baby.  Today his mom decided it was pool time.  We blew up the pool and put water in but little Cohen didn't like it all that much.  After several tries, everyone had had enough.  Besides we had been there for almost 4 hours so we left so Cohen could have a nap which he reluctantly went for as soon as we left. 

I received news last night that my oldest sister, Beverly is back in the hospital.  She has been fighting cancer for a number of years but most recently found out that the cancer had been misdiagnosed.  It seems she has this rare cancer called Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia.  It looks like leukemia in the beginning stages but as it progresses the doctor's are able to name it with the appropriate test.  Along with that she is having kidney issues.  It is the kidney's that have landed her in the hospital this time.  It is really all interconnected as the Waldenstrom's deals with the blood too. 

My heart hurts knowing that my sister is struggling with this disease.  She has a wonderful loving husband, 6 children, 17 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren so her family is large and very loving.  Still it is difficult to see the struggle.  I went to visit her a couple of weeks ago and she was so very thin and frail looking.  I am so sad.  But God does not give anything we can't handle so I guess our family will just have to get through this.  My sister is a fighter too.  She will fight this to the bitter end so Waldenstrom's watch out. 

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  Sometimes a person just needs to let go.  Now I can get my creative juices going because after all I am going to a Stampin Up stamp camp tonight.  These events always make me happy even if I spend too much money.  I don't really plan on spending any money but you never know when I just might need something.  Later tonight folks I will share some of my work.  Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment