Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Another cold and rainy day in Minnesota.  It was the perfect day to stay inside and make cards.  I found myself dawdling and it took me until the late evening before I finally made one.  I have a 30th wedding anniversary card and a graduation card that I need to make and yet I found myself wanting to try a technique that was demonstrated by Gina Kruspky on Stamp TV.  Versamark resist but not embossing.  I tried the technique with a thin cardstock and found that the technique did not work.  I then used Gina K pure luxury 120# weight cardstock and the technique turned out so much better.  Really liked the card that I finished and think it might even work as graduation card.   


I stamped the dandelions on the pure luxury cardstock with versamark.  I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Stormy Sky and used the direct ink to paper tecnique.  I adhered the now blue cardstock to a yellow card.  I then stamped the dandelion (from GKD Vintage Vogue stamp set) and the sentiment from the same stamp set in the Stormy Sky ink on another piece of pure luxury paper tied a yellow ribbon around it and adhered this over the now blue cardstock.  I then added 3 blue crystals to the bottom right corner of the card to finish it off.  It was a fun technique but you really must use a good quality cardstock in order for the technique to come out correctly.  I would also say to lightly add the ink so that not to much ink is used. 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card...love it. I am now a follower. TFS! ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty creation! I love the colours you used!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete