Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More cards

Well I have been busy.  I am trying to organize my craft room and it has become quite the challenge.  Although I have been downsizing I still have so many supplies.  Of course all work and no play would not be fun so periodically I have been playing and here are 6 cards I create this week in between watching Cohen and checking out facebook and organizing.  I wonder if I will ever be completely organized?  Nah! Anyway just wanted to let you see what I have been up to.
I got out my top note die from Stampin Up and cut a bunch of them out then added a flower and a banner that said happy birthday and was very happy with how the card turned out.  Fast and simple yet very pretty.

Again I used the top note die, stamped a sail boat and used a little baker's twine and I think I have a very nice masculine birthday card.

Okay who can resist this stamp from Art Impressions.  I have several golfing friends that I am going to make cards for with this one.  I use two new Stampin Up In Colors, primrose petals and and raspberry ripple to color her clothes and for the card base.  Really like how this turned out and oh yeah I used a pearl embellishment for the golf ball.  So cute. 


As I have been going through stamps, I found this one that said please don't get rid of me.  Really it said that.  And since it looked like it hadn't been used I decided to hang onto it and created this wonderful card.  The stamp is by alota Rubber Stamps.  I stamped it with Stampin Up sunshine yellow and old olive ink.  I then used nestibilities to cut the circle out and then a scrap of green paper was used to cut out the background scallop circle.  I used clear accents in the center of the flower and sprinkled glitter in it.  I then waited for it to dry ( I left it an entire afternoon) then put it on a card base.  Easy.

This card got created because I was wanting to use up some precut card bases.  I used a paper doily (dollar store) and punched out newsprint flowers with Stampin Up's mixed bunch pnch.  It is hard to see on this photo but there is a small heart shaped button in the center that is tied with bakers twine and glued on the flower.  The doily looked kind of bare and unfinished when my friend, Jeanne suggested that I stamp something in the center.  Dah why didn't I think of that.  It looks so much better.  The flower is edged in green ink as well.  It looks a little yellow here.
And now we come to Earl by Art Impressions.  Have a young gentlement friend that is turning 90 this week and Bob plays golf every saturday with his haram, Linda, Shirley and Pam.  So of course I needed to use a golfer for my focal image and then I free handed the 90th and the interior of the card because my computer decided not to cooperate. 

Well that is all for this day but I will be back very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment