Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25, 2012

I am acting ditzy today.  I just lost everything and had to start all over.  I have been making cards like crazy.  Well actually our friends, Donna and Mark Sobraske, are helping host the wedding of their son, Eric to his fiancee, Bridget.  So I needed a card.  I made two.  The first one I used the colors in their wedding and got the idea from Pinterest.
Monogrammed towels, whatever happened to those?  Anyway I used Mr & Mrs. and the towel bar is made from a thin strip of silver cardstock and attached with silver brads.  I used Stampin Up Flourish embossing folder to make the towel.  It is a really cute card.


I have been wanting to try making a more elegant wedding card so I started to go crazy with my Spellbinders Nestibilities.  I used a Stampin Up stamp set called Word Play to stamp my sentiment. I do love bling so I played a small crystal on the ring in I do.  

  I am so excited to share this new product I found at a wonderful place called Sparkle N Sprinkle
They have an actual store in Florida but they also have an online store.  Anyway to the product.  It is called Mudd Puddles.  Sparkle N Sprinkle is the first place that I have seen this product.  I purchased the color called Fiji Beach.  It is a wet product that dries but has flexibility.  I just wanted to get going with it so I made a beach themed card. 

The beach is a teal and sand colored.  You spread it on the paper where you want it.  I just made a beach.  The Mudd Puddles dry in about an hour so you can work on the card.  It is completly dry in a day.  It really is what it says. It dries in the time it says and it is flexible so it won't come off.  I can see all kinds of beaches made with this stuff. It also comes in lots of different colors.  I can see using this for mosiacs.  I think I am going to try that next.  Well I want to buy a few more colors first.  I used a Stampin Up stamp for the sail boat and my favorite sea saying but don't know where that came from. I also used a stamp of a sand dollar that I have had forever.  I placed a pearl in the center of the sand dollar.  It is a little poetic license there but I wanted to link the sentiment to the shell.   Love the sentiment though and I have to say I  love the card and cannot wait to use Mudd Puddles again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment