Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Flowers


Well it is true that I love flowers.  Any color, any kind or any color of flower I love them.  So I have been working on cards that have flowers.  I also love Stampin Up products and they have some awesome new flower stamps.  My first card was made with a stamp called Pleasant Poppies and since orange is becoming quite the in color I did both cards with inks calypso coral with dusty durango paper.  I just love how both turned out and both cards were made from one stamping.  It is a big stamp. 

 

The next card was made from a set called Blooming with Kindness.  I so love this flower. 

Again I used the oranges and green.  I think it turned out beautiful.   The next cards were made with
a new set called Reason to Smile.  I can honestly say that these cards should make anyone smile.
Next I used the new in-color summer starfruit and gumball green.  I also used summer sun ink.  Bright and sunny card.



  

The last card is one that I cased from the Wickedly Wonderful blog.  I used similiar colors and stamps.  I didn't have the flower stamp that was used so I used the Reason to Smile stamp set again.  I also used an Epiphany punch to make the flower center.  I also changed the sentiment as well as the sentiment shape.  I cute a thin strip of paper and threaded it through a punched hole in the star so that it appears to hang from the ribbon.








I almost forgot I embossed the dusty durango with the dotted embossing folder and then on the bottom piece I inked the flourish embossing folder and ran it through my Big Kick.  I am so loving this technique of inking the embossing folder.  It sure gives a different look.  I think this card turned out amazing. 

Here is the original card from Wendy Weixlers, Wickedly Wonderful Creations blog.  She has awesome cards, so it is a good place to go to CAS cards

No comments:

Post a Comment