Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heros, Thank You


Wow what a wonderful 4th of July and a great big thank you to the men and women that are serving in the military to keep us free.  They are truly special people.  We had our kids and Daves family over to celebrate.  The idea was a picnic but it was so hot that we all ended up inside.  We played games and really caught up with each other.  It was great. 

The heat has been hanging on here in Minnesota for several days and it really just makes a person not want to do much.  However I just couldn't not do some card making.  I decided to make a card for my dear friend Linda who lost her dog, Jessie earlier this week.  Jessie was such a big part of Linda's life and the next few weeks will be a very difficult time for her so I thought I would send her a card to hopefully brighten her day.


Well once I got started I just didn't want to stop.  I decided to participate in a challenge from CraftProjectsCentral.  Challenge #13

This card was all made with Stampin up products.  I used soft suede card stock.  I then mounted the designer paper on very vanilla and used early espresso ribbon.  I then stamped summer starfruit cardstock with summer starfruit classic ink pad using the "Mixed Bunch" stamp set.  I then punched the flower out with the Stampin Up  Mixed Bunch flower punch.  I paper pierced around the designer paper and adhered the entire piece with dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Thanks for being the first to post for the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge over at Craft Project Central. I love your Summer Starfruit flower. I think that's my favorite In-Color right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Pam! I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend's pooch. They leave such an imprint on our hearts that they become children to us. Please give Linda an extra healing hug from me, please? I know she will find great comfort in your beautiful card.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I hope to see you in The Outlawz challenges ;) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete