Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hi everyone.  We had a really hot day in Minnesota yesterday, it was in the high 90's.  Today however it is in the mid 70"s and the trees have leaves on them.  Ah, Spring is finally here and I will be a grandma for the 4th time very soon.  I am very excited.  We don't know what sex the baby is which makes it all the more exciting.

Well back to card making which I find is one of my favorite things to do when I need relaxation.  Before I show you the card I made for you today I want to share a card that I received for my birthday last fall.  I fell in love with this card.
 This card is so pretty.  I think this branch is from a Stampin Up set and the flowers are also from a retired Stampin Up punch.  The butterflies are from a Stampin Up embosslit.  My friend, Donna, doesn't do a lot of card making so I really appreciate this card.  I liked the scoring she did around the edge of the inner white piece.  It is just barely noticeable on this picture but it is there.

Now for the card I made.  I have been fooling around with the Eclipse sticky paper.  I found a die and stamp set by Sizzix and Hero Arts.  I thought the flower die was simple so that it would look more obvious than the last card I made.  I didn't like it.  The idea behind this is to end up with a white silhouette.  This flower left too much white space.  Any way let's get down to specifics.
I placed the Eclipse sticky sheet 3 X 3 over the Inchie Art mat board.  I then ran the square with the flower through the big shot then removed the background.  I sponged the background using blush blossom and regal rose.  I used a peach rectangle 5 1/4 X 4 inches for the back drop; which I ran through the big shot with a dotted swiss embossing folder.  I found a scrap of rose ribbon and used that around the back drop. I mounted the peach on the white card base.  I then cut a white square 3 1/4 X 3 1/4 inch and mounted the mat board on to that and the entire square went on the peach back drop. I then used Stickles to outline the white flower and left the Stickles to dry.  I was really unhappy with the white space so I took the stamp that matched the die and inked it with regal rose and moss green ink and stamped it.  Much happier.  I also like lots of bling.  I added small pearls to each corner of the mat board and to the middle of the knotted ribbon.  I wanted to be able to use this card for whatever might come up so I used a stamp from Stampin Up teeny tiny wishes.  I then used those new dies that I recently received from Impression Obsession.  I inked the edge with regal rose ink, glued it down and put a medium sized pearl.  Now that it is finished, I do like the card and I will continue to search for just the right die.

                                  Have a wonderful day!

                                       Pam

1 comment:

  1. Love the card that Donna made - such a pretty blossom. You card is amazing. I love how you did the flower, so beautiful, what an effect! TFS

    ReplyDelete