Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday, May 14, 2013

I hope everyone had a great weekend and all you mom's were treated like queens.  I know that I had a great Mother's Day although I did miss my oldest daughter Jennifer and my two oldest grandsons.  I got to spend time with my youngest daughter and her family along with my son.  My wonderful husband cooked us steaks which were to die for.  Here is a picture of Katy, Cohen and me hamming it up for the camera.






Well after my family all went home, I came to my craft room (Katy's old bedroom) and made a birthday card.
I started out with a stamp set that I thought was so cute as well as versatile, called Happy Hour, from Stampin Up.  I took one of the glasses from the set which by the way comes with the straw and umbrella and many other accessories, and stamped it using Gina K dye ink, Ocean Mist.  I wanted this to be a summery card so I went to Only Orange an old Stampin Up color and stamped the umbrella.  I then restamped the umbrella on scrap paper, cut it out along with the straw.  I used dimensionals to pop up the accessories.  Since I had purchased ribbon that matched the Ocean Mist ink I added a ribbon and bow.  I mounted the entire thing on paper that was a little darker than the ink. I stamped the sentiment in the Ocean Mist ink and mounted it on orange and then popped it up with dimensionals.  I added orange crystals to finish off the card and mounted everything on a white card base.

I like the summery feel with the ocean colors as well as the bright orange.  I can't wait to give this to one of my family members for their birthday.

                                                Have a wonderful day

                                                            Pam

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo Pam. And I love you card. Very CAS and so effective. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete