Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I sure did.  All three of my children and all three grandsons came over for spaghetti dinner.  It was wonderful.  They are all awesome.  My two oldest grandsons, Brandon and Blake stay as far away from the camera as possible but the youngest, Cohen doesn't care.  He lets us take picture after picture of him.  He was quite entertaining eating spaghetti.
See for yourself.
Cohen and his noodle

Cohen and Aunt Jenny

Brian, my son is also a photophobe but we got a picture with him, Cohen and Aunt Jenny

This is a different noodle.
I also made Mother's Day cards for my Mother-In-Law and my two daughters.  This were done quickly as I have been going through stamps and boxing up a lot to get rid of.  I also put everyone of my Stampin Up sets on cling foam and into 3 ring binders.  Still need to get a couple more binders.  My next project is to put any individual stamps that I have on cling foam.  I needed to down size as well as organize.  The two are going hand in hand.  So much fun.  Anyway here are the cards that I made for Mother's Day. 
I really love the Stampin Up Summer Smooches Stamps and papers. I also wanted to use up some of the older products I had like brads and ribbon. This is how the front of the card started. I embossed a white piece of card stock using the small dots embossing folder although that is difficult to see in the photo.  I will have to make a photo box from the idea on Pinterest.  I then took a piece of the Summer Smooches dp and wrapped a piece of dotted yellow ribbon around the two.  I die cut a tag from a Nestibilities set.  The I stamped.  First the vase and flower stems, that is a stamp set from the Summer Smooches, I told you I love them.  Then I stamped a sentiment using another Stampin Up set called Friendly Phrases.  I used a couple of rhinestone brads for the flowers and thought I was done. 
I realized I didn't have a mom stamp so I masked the you're the best part of the sentiment I used on the front and turned it upside down.  I sure thought that was a clever idea.
I decided the card needed more so I added one more vase with flowers to finish it all off. This card went to Katy she loves purple.

 This card is for Jennifer, her favorite color is blue.  It was made the same as the previous card but I switched the papers and placement of the sentiment.  I liked this card very much and felt it was complete.
I tried the same masking technique as in Katy's card but got a small like of ink under the first letter.  Since she has two boys, I just put two wavy lines under mom to finish it off.
Well I just couldn't help myself and added a second vase and flowers.  Both cards are similiar but not the same.  Oh by the way, Brandon my oldest grandson spent the night before with us so I had him sign all the childrens names.

This is the card I made for my Mother-In-Law, Lorraine.  I used the doily stamp because it reminds me of the doilies my mother used to make.  I added some premade flowers and then used the same sentiment stamp that I used on my daughters cards.  I stamped mom on the front (the unside down WOW) and the rest of the sentiment went inside.  I think it turned out stunning.

Well now in between downsizing and organizing I am going to make some birthday and sympathy cards for my daughter, Jennifer's work.  She is a home hospice nurse. I am happy that I will be making cards that will help brighten someone's day.  Well off to organizing.  Talk at ya soon. Have a wonderful and blessed week.






No comments:

Post a Comment