Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Gina K design June Release Challenge 1

Well it is a busy Saturday already.  My grandson, Cohen, surprised me with a wake up visit.  Totally funny.   I was sleeping and thought oh Cohen is making noise in my dreams and the next thing I know he is sitting on top of me cooing.  I wasn't dreaming. 

Then my youngest sister, Bobbie and her hubby, Kenny stopped by to pick up some things for a silent auction and sale for a women's shelter.  What a wonderful idea for all my cards that I have made over the last year and not used.  I made four holders that look like magazine holders and placed 10 cards in each.  I also gave her an additional 15 cards plus a ton of scrapbooking things that I have had when I used to sell Creative Memories.  Need to purge a little and this was sure a good way to do that, although I still have plenty.  I even have a plastic shoe box full of cards to use. 

Later today we are off to a wedding.  Our neighbors, Jeannie and Darrell's oldest son Cory is getting married today and what a beautiful day it is for a wedding.  Pictures to follow. 

Well I had a little bit of time and thought I would start filling that second plastic shoe box again.  Gina K designs June stamp release was on Thursday night and with a new release their are always contests and extra challenges.  I just love StampTV, it is the very best. The first challenge was to make 4 tags.  I really had a lot of fun doing the tags.  I wanted to create a set so I used the same stamps using different colors.  I used Gina K design stamp set "Vintage Chic" for the image and Gina K design stamp set "Springtime Silhouettes" for the sentiment. I used Stampin Up inks, Cameo Coral, Lovely Lilac, Pretty in Pink and Summer Sun.  I then decided to sponge a little additional color on with Tim Holtz's sponge applicator.  And last but not least, I added a matching ribbon to each tag. Here is my interpretation for the June Release challenge #1:


I really like the bright and cheery feel of these tags and think they will be a nice addition for that silent auction and sale for the women's shelter.  I might just make another set for get well and thanks to add to these four so that the set has a little more substance.  A note can be written on the back of the tag as I made them quite large.  The size I made these are 2 1/2 inches wide X 5 1/2 inches long.

1 comment: