Pages

My grandsons and me

My grandsons and me
Grandsons are wonderful

Followers

Monday, March 24, 2014

Where is Waldo, I mean Pam?

Hi everyone I have been absent.   Well I mean that in a lot of ways but finally decided to pull myself together and get back to my life.  Actually, for the last several months my life has included teaching card making twice a month.  I work with a Stampin Up demonstrator, Kathleen Shea.  She makes two cards and I make two cards.  We make kits for all the participants and then on class day we go through everything and help the ladies make their cards.  I didn't realize how time consuming doing a class like this was.  I barely have time to make cards for other things.  I have also been going to some stamping classes and just joined an on-line group called StampNation with Catherine Pooler.  She is fabulous and the rest of her team is outstanding.  I really am learning a lot.  I also have been making cards for Heartland Hospice in Roseville, MN.  I have been very lax about working on their cards so I spent quite a bit of time this month making cards and that is what I am posting today.  I will post some of the other cards I have done for class later on.  For right now I am probably going to try and post once a week.  I don't know how people post more often than that except they are probably much more organized than I am. 

Oh and before I pull out the cards I made, we had visitors from the north a few weeks ago and I must post a few photos of some of the cutest boys on the planet, my two youngest grandsons, Cohen and Asher.  They both love the water as you can see.  Cohen is 3 and Asher is 10 months old.  So much fun and we really enjoyed having them visit.
 
 They both liked the Lego Store at Downtown Disney too. 


   
This card was made with the Flower Shop stamp set and punch from Stampin Up as well as their new Scallop Tag Punch and some of last years DSP.  I also used a Stampin Up stamp set that I just bought called Happy Day.


 

 


 Here is another Flower Shop, Happy Day stamps and Scallop Tag card.  Sort of just couldn't stop using them they are fabulous.

 Again I used the Flower Shop and Happy Day sets but used a scrap of DSP and Calypso Coral cardstock on Tempting Turquoise.  I really love this color combination.

 Well I have to say that I am totally in love with this card.  This is designer paper mounted on white card stock.  I stamped the words from Happy Day stamp set and the card was complete.   Sometimes it amazes me how simple yet so beautiful a card can be just with paper. 

 Now this card is using older DSP that is no longer available but it is still beautiful and it works well with the card stock that I used.  Of course I had to add one of the Flower Shop flowers that I punched out and Happy Days stamp set again.

  Now this card was done with scraps.  I had started to make a card and cut the card stock in the wrong place but I kept it (just in case you know) That is the Pool Party cardstock.  I used 4 Stampin Up flower punches on it and the Scallop Tag punch and the older DSP along with the Happy Day sentiment and I was so excited that I didn't throw that card stock away. 
 
 
This card I made with a retired Stampin Up set it is called He Is Risen.  I truly love this floral image.  The card turned out much better than the photo.
 
 

I do have more cards that I made for Hospice but am having a little trouble getting them to turn upright.  They show that they are upright but when they are moved over here they turn sideways again and so are difficult to see so I will post them later.  Until next time happy card making.



Pam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment